Accreditation Statement and Credit Designation
European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (UEMS/EACCME)
The 13th World Congress of the World Society for Pediatric Infectious Diseases is accredited by the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME) to provide the following CME activity for medical specialists. The EACCME is an institution of the European Union of Medical Specialists (UEMS): www.uems.eu
The 13th World Congress of the World Society for Pediatric Infectious Diseases is designated for a maximum of, or up to, 23 European external CME credits. Each medical specialist should claim only those hours of credit that he/she actually spent in the educational activity.
The 13th World Congress of the World Society for Pediatric Infectious Diseases is approved by the Health Professions Council Of South Africa for CME accreditation for this event.
Accreditation Number: MDB006-MD492-0054-10-2023
Attendee Max Points: 24 Clinical
HPCSA is a statutory body, established in terms of section 2(1) of the Health Professions Act.
Please note that:
HPCSA CPD certificates are no longer mandatory.
On the last day of the conference, you will be asked to complete an online evaluation procedure. Within one month, after the activity has taken place, the HPCSA will automatically upload the accredited CPD event points to your HPCSA professional’s profile.
American Medical Association (AMA)
Through an agreement between the European Union of Medical Specialists and the American Medical Association, physicians may convert EACCME credits to an equivalent number of AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Information on the process to convert EACCME credit to AMA credit can be found at https://www.ama-assn.org/education/ama-pra-credit-system/agreement-european-union-medical-specialties-uems
Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
Live educational activities, occurring outside of Canada, recognized by the UEMS-EACCME for ECMEC credits are deemed to be Accredited Group Learning Activities (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. For more information, visit: www.royalcollege.ca/rcsite/cpd/providers/international-accreditation-agreements-e
Each participant should claim only those hours of credit that he/she actually spent in the educational activity.
After attending this event, participants should be able to:
- Address individual needs in compliance with their Continuous Professional Development (CPD) plan.
- Describe the latest research and clinical outcomes in the field of infectious diseases.
- Enhance knowledge about innovation in infectious diseases.
- Discuss the epidemiology, treatment, and prevention of viral hepatitis, influenza, and tuberculosis in children.
- Enhance new relationships with colleagues with common interests throughout the world.
- Identify the exchange of information among professionals in the field of pediatric infectious diseases.
- Describe updates on malaria in pregnant women and children.
- Discuss innovations and vaccines for pneumonia and other respiratory infections.
- Identify infection prevention and control in low-resource settings.
WSPID 2023 is a meeting place for medical professionals and scientists in the area of paediatric infectious diseases and vaccines, including students, trainees and career-level professionals working in health services, academic, and public health, and governmental and non-governmental and international agencies. Because of the diverse, clinically focused educational offering, participants are able to tailor the curriculum to meet the needs of international clinicians of all levels of experience.
To Receive Your CME/CPD Certificate
The CME/CPD certificate will be available after completing the online evaluation and credit-claiming procedure. The process takes about 5 minutes. We thank you for your feedback as it is an important part of CME/CPD accreditation and helps improve future educational offerings.
Before 17 February 2024:
- Visit WSPID Global eLearning Portal: https://education.wspid.org
- Enter your profile information or create a new account
- Complete the anonymous online evaluation by clicking on the Congress Banner at the top of the homepage
- Complete the credit claim form and submit it.
- The CME/CPD certificate will be available for download; download and/or print to retain for your personal records
Disclosure and Resolution of Personal Conflicts of Interest
In accordance with CME/CPD accreditation criteria and standards for commercial support to ensure balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor, those in control of the educational content must disclose potential or actual conflicts of interest. Disclosure information is evaluated and conflicts of interest are resolved. Disclosure is made to participants prior to the activity. Participants will be asked on the evaluation to assess the objectivity and independence of the event.
- View disclosure information here.
Industry Support Disclosure
This event is supported, in part, by funding from industry. All support is managed in strict accordance with CME/CPD accreditation criteria and standards for commercial support. Appropriate acknowledgement of all supporting organisations is made in the programme guide, on the event website, and with signage during the event.
- View a list of all industry supporters here.
- View detailed programs for all Industry Sessions here.
Commitment to the Highest Standards in CME/CPD
Kenes is committed to being a valuable and knowledgeable partner in the design and delivery of educationally strong, independent, transparent, and effective CME/CPD programmes. Kenes is a proud member of the Good CME Practice Group (gCMEp), a member organisation contributing to improving health outcomes by:
- Championing best practices in CME/CPD
- Maintaining and improving standards
- Mentoring and educating
- Working in collaboration with critical stakeholders
Membership in the Good CME Practice Group illustrates Kenes commitment to high standards and knowledgeable partnership with its clients in the design and delivery of medical events.