The World Society for Pediatric Infectious Diseases (WSPID) will be hosting a Research Workshop on 14 November 2023 from 07:00-15:00, prior to the start of the main WSPID Congress. The workshop will be conducted in English.
The workshop will consist of two components:
1. Short practical lectures by leading researchers on aspects of research, with a focus on pediatric infectious diseases.
2. Oral presentations by 4 selected Research Workshop Presenters.
- To assist early career researchers with the design, conduct, and presentation of pediatric infectious disease research in resource-challenged and resource-advantaged settings.
- To facilitate interaction between early career and established researchers in an informal, collegial setting.
- Participants will be selected among the applicants to attend the Research Workshop. These selected participants will have their 2023 WSPID Congress registration fee waived.
- 4 applicants will be invited to participate in the workshop as oral Research Workshop Presenters:
- These four presenters will be assigned one or more mentors from the WSPID Education Committee/WSPID Research Workshop Faculty, who will assist with developing their presentation prior to the Workshop.
- Each of these selected Research Workshop Presenters will deliver a 10-minute oral presentation of their WSPID 2023 submitted abstract to the audience of the Research Workshop participants and faculty.
- Research Workshop participants and the faculty will offer constructive comments and suggestions following each presentation.
- In addition, to subsidizing the 2023 WSPID Congress registration fee, these four presenters will receive reimbursement to subsidize travel and accommodations associated with the 2023 WSPID Congress; the total support for WSPID 2023 attendance and participation will be determined by the Congress organizers.
- Subsidized Research Workshop participants/presenters who do not attend or who do not fulfill requirements of preparation and presentation will be asked to reimburse the WSPID subsidies in full.
HOW TO APPLY
- Complete the Application Form and upload it during abstract submission.
- Submit your Abstract via the Congress website and indicate that you want to be considered for the WSPID Research Workshop.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.