- To grasp essential concepts related to infection control, including outbreak investigation in neonatal care, intravenous device care in pediatrics, patient safety in the Pediatric ICU, and IPC (Infection Prevention and Control) quality improvement in pediatric wards.
- To understand the latest updates in TB prevention and HIV management, with a specific focus on pediatric care, through informative sessions by renowned experts.
- To explore strategies for implementing TB treatment and preventative measures in children, and to discover methods for improving the quality of care provided to pediatric patients.
- To gain insights into creating and maintaining adolescent-friendly healthcare services to enhance patient engagement and satisfaction.
- To learn about the successful implementation of DTG (Dolutegravir) in PMHC (Preventive Mother-to-Child HIV Transmission) programs.
- To delve into the critical topic of vaccination and vaccine-preventable diseases, addressing vaccine hesitancy and gaining updates on Pertussis infection and vaccinations.
- To explore the role of vaccines as a response to outbreaks, highlighting their significance in public health emergencies.
By the end of this nursing program, participants will have an enhanced understanding of pediatric HIV care, infection control, and vaccination strategies, enabling them to provide improved care and support to patients in their healthcare settings.
Organizers: Prof. Angela Dramowski, South Africa
Dr. Melissa Lawler, South Africa
Prof. Moherndran Archary, South Africa